FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export XML from Premiere to FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Barton
Export XML from Premiere to FCP7
on Feb 8, 2012 at 5:32:01 pm

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get a workflow that will allow me to send edits to and from Premiere and FCP7 using ProRes files.

When I sent and XML from FCP to Premiere, it looks like everything worked fine. Some of the Speed changes were slightly off, but nothing serious.

On the other hand, when I sent an XML from Premiere to FCP7, the edit comes in fine, but I get the red render line at the top. The sequence and the footage are at the same setting, but for some reason it's still requiring me to render the timeline. I even tried removing all the speed changes and effects from my edit so that it was only cuts and it's still having problems. Is there something I'm missing when making my XML from Premiere?

Thanks,
Aaron

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Export XML from Premiere to FCP7
on Feb 9, 2012 at 3:02:10 pm

Dunno exactly what's happening, but seems to me that if you create a new sequence, turn on the option in preferences to ask to conform settings, then copy a single clip to this new sequence accepting the option to match settings, you could copy and paste every clip from the XML import to this new sequence, and you shouldn't have render unless the filters etc are demanding this.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]