FORUMS: list search recent posts

Writing to Blu-Ray - Color Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yaz Rabadi
Writing to Blu-Ray - Color Issues
on Feb 8, 2012 at 1:06:16 pm

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some colour issues while burning a short film to Blu-ray - hoping you guys can help me out! I've tried two methods - here are the workflows I used:

In both cases, I exported out a 10-bit uncompressed QT file from Adobe After Effects (Format: Apple FCP Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2, 1920 x 1038, Millions, 16-bit Integer (Little Endian), Stereo (L R), 48.000 kHz). In After Effects I was working with a 10-bit uncompressed QT source on a 32-bit sequence. Rendered the 10-bit out in full quality at Trillions of colours - as a QT on the mac, the rendered file holds up very nicely.

Here are the workflows I used for creating the blu-ray files:

WORKFLOW 1: Using Adobe Media Encoder, I exported to Blu-ray H264. Average bit-rate at 33 and max at 35. I used the max quality render settings and ended up with a .m4v file and .wav file. Burned these to Blu-ray using Adobe Encore.

WORKFLOW 2: Using Compressor, stream usage Blu-Ray with a format of MPEG-2. Average bit-rate set at 33 with max set at 38. Used Dolby Digital Professional (auto) for audio. Once again, I used Adobe Encore to burn the blu-ray.

With Workflow 1 I found lot's of colour issues while playing the disc. Mainly I found faces to contain a lot of red pigment and colour patches on certain images - it didn't look to pretty. I tried Workflow 2 since it was MPEG 2, and felt this worked a bit better - less patches colour patches and things held up a bit better, but still found lot's of red/warm pigment in skin tones.

Is this natural? I'm new to the world of blu-ray writing, so maybe I'm just not familiar with all this. I'm just trying to achieve the best quality I can with the blu-ray outputs.

Any suggestions, ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Yaz Rabadi
Re: Writing to Blu-Ray - Color Issues
on Feb 8, 2012 at 7:00:24 pm

Here's a still I snapped off the blu-ray playback. Apologies for not being able to get better quality, but you can see the red banding all over his face. I'm not sure what the deal is - tried exporting through compressor and AE with various Blu-Ray formats, and am still getting this every single time. It's not present in the source file, so I'm really puzzled as to where this is coming from.

Yaz Rabadi
Rabid Pictures Inc.
http://www.rabidpictures.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]