FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7.0 GoPro footage editing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jarred Davidson
FCP 7.0 GoPro footage editing
on Feb 8, 2012 at 3:04:37 am

I am having troubles with video clips from my gopro hero 2. I have been filming in 1080p and when i upload them to FCP, it says they are not the right format and not rendered. When i play them, the sound is an annoying beeping but the video still plays... other times it says "unrendered" across the screen.
I have been using the MPEG stream clip format converter in the tips and tutorials section on gopros website. No matter what format i put it in, it still doesnt work. Since FCP doesnt accept .mp4 files, i need to try a different format.

please help me out. im trying to edit all of this footage i have but i cant event get started...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP 7.0 GoPro footage editing
on Feb 8, 2012 at 5:25:17 am

Convert the footage to ProRes 422. Then import into FCP. FCP doesn't work with the MP4 footage natively.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jarred Davidson
on Feb 8, 2012 at 6:13:09 am

I cant seem to find pro res 422... i looked for it in the "export to other formats" tab. its not there.
where do i find it?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 8, 2012 at 9:17:20 am

which version of FC/QT are you using?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 8, 2012 at 3:45:35 pm

Use MPEG STREAMCLIP to convert. In the COMPRESSION drop down menu, you will see Apple ProRes 422.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Drake Hale
on Feb 8, 2012 at 3:57:51 pm

Here is everything you need right from the GoPro website. Its exactly what Shane showed you but with links and tips for exporting.

http://gopro.com/support/final-cut-pro-tips/

"It's all about keyframes"
Anonymous

2011 3.2GHz 27" iMac, Final Cut Studio 2, Adobe CS4

Return to posts index

Chris Mercadante
on Feb 27, 2012 at 8:35:37 pm

I just discovered something with my GoPro footage. Prior to which I have read all the tutorials and as said, transcode footage to Apple ProRes422. At some point I downloaded GoPros CineForm studio and it installed a codec or two and now I can natively edit GoPro MP4 files in FCP7 WITHOUT transcoding them. FCPX does this as well as Adobe Premier.

So my question is this, Does it matter? Is it better to transcode the files and have these giant GB files or if you can do it natively then do it natively? Ive read H.264 is NOT an editing codec. So am I losing quality by keeping these files in their native form?

thoughts? opinions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]