FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble using Log and Transfer on fcp 7 running on Snow Leopard partition on a Lion machine

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther gimenez
Trouble using Log and Transfer on fcp 7 running on Snow Leopard partition on a Lion machine
on Feb 8, 2012 at 12:38:08 am

Hi All,

I have just bought a new macbook pro which shipped with Lion. I work with FCP 7 so after a few days of fiddling and reading forums etc, I managed to create a partition on the Lion machine and install Snow Leopard on it. So far so good.

I installed my copy of FCP 7 which seemed to be fine, but I have just tried the log and transfer tool for importing some EX1 footage and it is giving me the error "Card 1" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory extructure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media. Thing is, the folder is absolutely fine as I have just tried it in my old machine (originally running SL but older and slower, hence the upgrade....) and FCP doesn't have a problem with it. the card folder reads fine on my external clip browser sony apps, so it really doesn't seem to be the problem.

Has anyone who's running SL on a Lion machine's partition encountered the same problem? and if so, anyone found a solution?

Thanks a lot
Esther

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Trouble using Log and Transfer on fcp 7 running on Snow Leopard partition on a Lion machine
on Feb 8, 2012 at 12:52:38 am

You need to install the XDCAM EX drivers in order to have FCP see the card properly

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Esther gimenez
Re: Trouble using Log and Transfer on fcp 7 running on Snow Leopard partition on a Lion machine
on Feb 8, 2012 at 1:10:54 am

Hi Shane,

The drivers are installed and up to date, so doesn't sound like that could be the problem...

Any other suggestion?

Many thanks
Esther

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]