FORUMS: list search recent posts

Purple Video?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Cortez
Purple Video?
on Feb 7, 2012 at 10:39:22 pm

Hey everyone,

Whenever I try to import any type of video into FCP, it always comes out in the playback window with a sort of purplish color to it. On the event browser, the video shows up normally without the purple-ness, but as soon as I play it on the timeline (and even the event browser) it just has that annoying purple color. The color adjustments are all set to 0% as well.

I've imported video using my iPhone as well as my computer's iSight and it's all the same.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for lookin!

-James

Return to posts index

Zev Vel
Re: Purple Video?
on Feb 9, 2012 at 3:25:31 am

Can you tell us what CODEC your video is set for and whether or not the files are in the same CODEC?

If not, it is possible that could be your issue.

You can change the CODEC with an application like MPEG StreamClip

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Feb 9, 2012 at 3:16:39 pm

The format (codec) that the iPhone records isn't supported directly in FCP 7. You need to transcode it to ProRes first, then import and edit from the prores copies. MPEG streamclip, or Compressor can do this for you.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

James Autery
on Nov 5, 2013 at 2:28:53 pm

I have this same problem and I converted the raw files to prores using mpeg streamclip. The footage still has a very distinct purple hue to it when I drop it in fcp.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]