FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Quits when i import png images

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lavis
FCP Quits when i import png images
on Feb 7, 2012 at 4:00:13 pm

Hi

I am having some problems with fcp 7, i am trying to import some photos (not that high res, about 1mb PNG files) into fcp and every time i double click on the file and try to take it onto the timeline the program crashes. This has never happened before and i have been using this version on this mac for nearly a year. CAn any one offer any advice on what to do to stop this?

Many thanks

Mike

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: FCP Quits when i import png images
on Feb 7, 2012 at 6:39:52 pm

Sometimes FCP just finds something it doesn't like about the file. I've run into the same results with some TIFF files. Try converting the image to another format like .tif or .jpg.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Feb 9, 2012 at 11:09:04 am

What's the pixel size? FCP doesn't like anything over 4000 pixels along a side (doesn't usually crash it out though, usually gives an "Out Of Memory" error).

Resave the pngs as tiffs, perhaps. (Odd though - FCP is usually better with pngs than with jpegs).

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on Feb 9, 2012 at 2:49:17 pm

True, but be aware of PNGs with alpha channels, they don't always play well with transitions in FCP.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

Patrick Givens
on Jun 20, 2012 at 1:30:19 pm

I realize this an older thread, but I've found that png files will cause FCP7 to crash if it doesn't match the project/seq frame size.

•pgivens•

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]