FORUMS: list search recent posts

rendering problem w/scale and rotation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Thompson
rendering problem w/scale and rotation
on Feb 6, 2012 at 7:42:48 pm

Hello,

in multi clip project, changed scale and rotation in motion tab, no render bar appears above clips but clips appear blurred like they still need to be rendered. when i apply a filter, render bars appear and can see clip being rendered. anyone know why the motion parameters wont render? tried using "render all" but no luck. In sequence, render all menu, all lines are checked. using fcp 6

Update: for whatever reason, rendering now appears to be working. still looks a little blured, but maybe because of increased scale...

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: rendering problem w/scale and rotation
on Feb 7, 2012 at 9:11:56 am

No idea, but don't use the "rotation" in FC.
That forces Linear rendering (lower quality).
Use the 3D effect or, better, Google "Andi's Better 3D".
Free.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Bob Thompson
on Feb 9, 2012 at 1:37:37 am

Thx, Yes I just read that If you adjust the motion parameter labeled Rotation, then all Motion Filtering Quality will revert to the Fastest option, which is the least quality. I guess this applies to scale also.
The frame was just a couple of degrees off (camera got bumped during shoot), so I wanted to straighten it out with rotation. I think Im the only one who noticed so I just left it alone rather than have the quality loss. Thx for the help!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 10, 2012 at 2:45:51 am

[Bob Thompson] "Thx, Yes I just read that If you adjust the motion parameter labeled Rotation, then all Motion Filtering Quality will revert to the Fastest option, which is the least quality. I guess this applies to scale also."
Seems that that affect to every effect on the Motion tab: Scale, center, crop, distort...even speed (frame blending) I guess.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]