FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 - won't make edits (cuts) in multicam clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Kerr
FCP7 - won't make edits (cuts) in multicam clips
on Feb 6, 2012 at 5:03:46 am

In Final Cut Pro 7.03, I am trying multicam editing for the first time. Pretty simple actually, using two cameras. But it's not turning out as I had planned.

I have created a multiclip using two videos shot simultaneously. I don't have either timecode or a clapper, but instead used the audio files to match up the start of a spoken word and it seems to have synched them up perfectly.

Using in and out points in the viewer, I did a 3-point edit to take a small 38-second segment of this long multiclip and put it into my timeline. I have changed my viewer from Sync Off to Open.

I click on the timeline, hit the space bar to start it rolling and then switch camera angles about a third of the way through the clip by clicking on the second camera angle in my viewer screen. A marker appears on the upper part of my timeline, as it is supposed to. I use the spacebar to stop the playhead after that edit. However, NOTHING EDITS -- there are no cuts. It makes no edit points under the markers. The marker is still there, but no edit.

I have now tried this several times to no avail. I have lots of markers but no edits! I can't even get rid of the markers, for that matter.

For some reason, I feel there must be some button I have not press or something I have not checked.

Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

THANKS.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: FCP7 - won't make edits (cuts) in multicam clips
on Feb 9, 2012 at 5:23:50 pm

Be sure the playback behavior in the Viewer is set to "Open". Is it?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]