FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 5 - Log and Capture - different capture windows

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john bolton
FCP 5 - Log and Capture - different capture windows
on Feb 3, 2012 at 5:29:12 pm

I have only been using FCP 5 for a short time and all seemed to be OK but now I have noticed that the Log and Capture window shows 2 windows when I go to the capture button. I have searched many forums but have not found anything to tell me what it should be like..

At first I had the “ Preview Screen Disabled” across the colours, so I trashed all the relevant prefs and restarted FCP 5

I then tried another Capture and the capture screen came up with the Video showing in it. When I click the capture now the video was in the window and all seemed normal.

The next time I tried to capture I have the Colour bars with Preview disabled but another window opened up and captured the recording. The only way to quit this window was with the ESC key

So now I am not sure what I am meant to see when I do a capture. Should I get an additional window with no controls on it monitoring the capture or should it all be inside the normal window where the colour bar show

Thanks in advance John

Return to posts index

john bolton
Re: FCP 5 - Log and Capture - different capture windows
on Feb 12, 2012 at 8:55:43 am

All solved now. On a different forum I was told that the second window should not have opened independant of the outline frame and was a softare glitch, but after looking are several tutorials I see that I was miss informed. Whilst this second window looks like it should be contained in a surround frame it is as it should be...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]