FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing format of sequence from 4:3 to 16:9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simeon Hutner
Changing format of sequence from 4:3 to 16:9
on Feb 3, 2012 at 3:42:03 pm

I inadvertently set up a sequence with the incorrect properties, so that my material, which was shot 16:9, appeared with black matte at the top and bottom in the Canvas. I created a new sequence with the correct properties, copied the old sequence into it, and removed all clip attributes. At first I thought everything was fine, but then I noticed two problems. First, there are one frame gaps between most of the clips in the sequence, gaps that were definitely not there before. Does anyone know why these appeared and what I can do about them? Second, there are a number of clips that I had edited from other sequences (sequences of clips pertaining to each reel). These clips have shrunk down to a small size and I'm not sure how to make them larger, with the correct formatting. Also, when I try to match back to the original clip that was captured, the time codes don't seem to match and I have to track the clip down and eye match it -- a tedious and time consuming effort. Is there any easy way to match back to the original, captured clip? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Changing format of sequence from 4:3 to 16:9
on Feb 3, 2012 at 4:25:48 pm

Although you took great pains to describe your predicaments, there isn't enough information to make an accurate diagnosis.

The sole useful clue is the gaps between clips. This is probably due to a frame rate mismatch somewhere in your workflow, and you need to track it down.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Simeon Hutner
Re: Changing format of sequence from 4:3 to 16:9
on Feb 3, 2012 at 5:04:43 pm

Ah, that's helpful -- thanks! There doesn't seem to be any way to correct that aside from going in and closing the gaps. I also figured out the nested sequences problem and was able to double click on those clips and match back to the original clip that way, then cut it in. I've done more Avid editing recently than Final Cut, so I'm still getting my bearings again, but I'm slowly remembering and learning new things. too. Thanks for your help..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]