FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip editing 2 cameras audio recored separately

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Bucci
Multiclip editing 2 cameras audio recored separately
on Feb 3, 2012 at 7:08:30 am

Basically I am trying to make multiclips from 2 camera sources and audio recored separately. When I make the syncing at a IN point the audio always ends up in the number 1 position and the clip ends up just being black not seeing any video. I've got to be doing some thing wrong.

The only way I've had any success is making a MERGE clip with one of the camera angles and the audio then taking the MERGE clip and the extra angle and multicliping that. That sorta works but I feel like it's going to bite me in the ass later.

So what is the proper way to make this 2V 1A source clip?

Thanks for the help all.
Phil

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
Re: Multiclip editing 2 cameras audio recored separately
on Feb 4, 2012 at 1:37:16 am

[Phil Bucci] "The only way I've had any success is making a MERGE clip with one of the camera angles and the audio then taking the MERGE clip and the extra angle and multicliping that. That sorta works but I feel like it's going to bite me in the ass later."

That will probably work fine Phil, as long as you set your multiclip angle switching mode to "video only," so the sound doesn't suddenly disappear when you switch angles.

But that being said, I have gotten in the habit of duplicating the audio clip, then making a merged clip for both angles, each with their own copy of the audio track. Then I make a multiclip from that. That way I feel I'm covering my ass more.

hth,

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]