FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Aux TC information from subclips made from dual system DSLR shoot

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mirabelle Ang
Missing Aux TC information from subclips made from dual system DSLR shoot
on Feb 3, 2012 at 3:22:44 am

Hi,

I am working on a project shot mainly on the 5D with dual-system audio. We are syncing video and audio using PluralEyes by the days in FCP. All the video clips are transcoded to ProRes422 HQ using DaVinci Resolve. We have between 7 to 9 hours of audio and a bunch of videos clips each day.

I have been subclipping and entering TC from the sync sequence as AUX TC 1 for all the subclips, modifying the first frame of both video and audio, and I've given the subclips reel names as well, that will reflect the day of the shoot. This step is necessary because we are also multi-clipping when there is more than one camera running. The only point of reference for sync would be the AUX TC 1.

Everything seems to be going well but as soon as I close my project and reopen it, my AUX TC 1 information will change to 00:00:00:00.

There's another editor who is subclipping as well but his AUX TC hasn't changed to 00:00:00:00 except for the clips that only has the internal camera mic audio tracks.

We are both reading files from Fiberjet with read-only access. We are working on separate days so there's no overlap and our project files are stored locally.

This is very odd... I have trashed my preferences, start from scratch by making my project file smaller. We are two days into this process and I would really appreciate any ideas and/or workflow advice.

FCP 7.0.3
MAC OS 10.6.2
2x2.66 GHZ QUad-Core Intel Xeon
6GB RAM

Thank you.

Mirabelle

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Missing Aux TC information from subclips made from dual system DSLR shoot
on Feb 3, 2012 at 3:27:07 am

Just a guess, but changing a files metadata will require read/write access.

Return to posts index

Mirabelle Ang
on Feb 3, 2012 at 3:39:13 am

I thought about that too but the other editor also has read-only access to the fiberjet drives and his clips are fine except for the ones with video and internal camera audio tracks.

Return to posts index

Mirabelle Ang
on Feb 3, 2012 at 7:05:06 pm

Hi Michael,

I found out this morning from the other editor that he did have write access to the media drives for part of the day yesterday. Those subclips kept the AUX TC and he is missing TC as well for the clips when only had read access. So your guess is right!

Thank you!

Mirabelle

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Feb 3, 2012 at 10:11:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]