FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paste attributes - copies the cut?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Coates
Paste attributes - copies the cut?
on Jan 31, 2012 at 2:30:25 pm

Hi all, following on from advice I received from Adam below, I have a specific question I'm hoping someone can help me on.

I have been told that if I have one clip which i cut say 10 times, but then apply a range of filters, or colour corrections to the first cut - that by copying that cut and highlighting the other 9 and then right click 'paste attributes' I can apply the changes to the rest of the cuts.

When I try this, so far it has merely copied the entire cut over the top of the other 9 cuts meaning repeating footage when I want the footage to stay the same but the filters and other information to be amended.

I hope this makes sense and someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. It's difficult to explain what I mean but hopefully I have!

Thanks all
Michael

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Paste attributes - copies the cut?
on Jan 31, 2012 at 3:58:43 pm

To avoid this make sure the content check box is not checked when doing the paste attributes. Then only what you check such as the filter will apply to the other clips. Hope this helps, best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Michael Coates
on Feb 1, 2012 at 12:13:18 am

I thought I tried that last night but I guess not as it worked perfectly this time.

Thanks so much for clearing that up, saved me a lot of messing around!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 1, 2012 at 3:21:55 pm

Happy to help and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved