FORUMS: list search recent posts

mov file - removing all vision but keeping audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sheree Day
mov file - removing all vision but keeping audio
on Jan 30, 2012 at 5:58:57 am

Because of the equipment I have, and I can't record my voiceover direct into FCP7 (open plan environment) I have to record into a camera and convert the footage to a mov file.

When I import into FCP the vision of course is present. I don't have a program to convert the mov file to wave format.

So at present I am double clicking the file and launching it in the viewer and marking in and out and placing on the timeline. Then Option L (and for some reason I also have to do Apple L) to unlink them (audio comes as a stereo pair).

I have to repeat this long process for each cut in audio.

Is there an easy/quick way to just get rid of the vision?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
Re: mov file - removing all vision but keeping audio
on Jan 30, 2012 at 7:00:17 am

Open your footage with the voice over in QT Pro, which you must have since you got FCP. Then go to export and export it as AIFF 48,000khz and save it. Import that extracted version and you have audio only.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 30, 2012 at 7:05:36 am

Edit only the audio onto the timeline. The little track patches at the left that you use to map the audio and video to particular tracks. Unpatch the video one.

Option L toggles stereo pair. Cmd L toggles linking and unlinking of the audio and video. There isn't a need to unlink them as a stereo pair unless you're looking for one audio track. In which case it's probably your only option because you can't single out a single track from a stereo pair when editing it into the timeline. But I think when you import your tracks, you should change your import prefs to dual mono. Might have to change it in your log and capture settings.

Alternatively you could use QT7 Pro (installed on your machine already) to export the clip as aiff (don't use wav) and lose the video. You could probably do all the files in a batch with the free app mpegstreamclip.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 30, 2012 at 10:36:32 am

[Sheree Day] "Is there an easy/quick way to just get rid of the vision?"
Open the MOV file in QT and "Cmd-J" (Properties), click "Video Track" and "Delete" (in the top).

[Sheree Day] "Because of the equipment I have, and I can't record my voiceover direct into FCP7 (open plan environment) I have to record into a camera and convert the footage to a mov file."
If you are capturing from tape, you only need to deselect "Video" in the capture window.

[Sheree Day] "When I import into FCP the vision of course is present. I don't have a program to convert the mov file to wave format."
You have QT Pro to export to WAV or AIFF.
Better do what I've suggested in the beginning.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Sheree Day
on Jan 31, 2012 at 5:56:41 am

Thanks guys for your input.

I tried the mpegstreamclip way to convert to AIFF and then imported to FCP and it worked perfectly.

Will try the QTPro way too.

Thanks again for solving my problem and saving me heaps of time editing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]