FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Capture, DV tape HELL

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Olivas
Log and Capture, DV tape HELL
on Jan 29, 2012 at 7:00:56 pm

Hi everyone. I teach a full lab of 04 G5s and am using FCP 5. Just recently I encountered major problems with logging and capturing dv tapes via FCP and the newer I movie. We use low end memory card JVCs and convert the AVI files to a QT file or a dv file BUT now NONE of my computers are recognizing the external camera via firewire cable when trying to log and capture. ???? Sometimes with the3 year old Intel G5s the I sight camera will pop up when I have a DV camera connected via firewire. I have connected the camera then powered up the G5 then started up FCP and at times it has worked, but even lately footage will begin to log and capture then the log and capture window will flash a message and logging and capturing will stop only to have this happen so often that the logging and capturing process gets stalled, then we go to I Movie and sometimes that works. Any suggestions

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Log and Capture, DV tape HELL
on Jan 30, 2012 at 12:51:07 am

So if it's happening to all, and all using different cameras and different FireWire cables then it's something that changed globally. Did you update the OS or QT to something recently that you shouldn't have? If you're using an old os, old computer, and old FCP then there are strict limits on the versions of all those things that are compatible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]