FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video generator templates FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sheree Day
Video generator templates FCP7
on Jan 28, 2012 at 6:13:51 am

When using some of the video generator templates in FCP7 - I tried 'satin' and 'curves' and I selected 'menu' format then PAL.

There are black bars either side of the template and image and text are fine.

It looks like it is 4:3 format and I would like it to look 16:9 ie with no black bars either side.

If I use Wireframe to resize, it will chop off some of the text at times.

Is there a way to get rid of the black bars either side, or this something inherent in the template?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
Re: Video generator templates FCP7
on Jan 29, 2012 at 5:49:01 am

Hallo Sheree,

first of all, you can adjust it to the 16to9 screen, with Distort function in your motion tab by changing Aspect Ratio and then resizing it to canvas size.
But because of your question, I tried a bit around and found a much better way - wow, did not know that before myself:
Load the wished master template in your viewer, then drag & drop to your Browser.
Now look for the Tab "Anamorphic" in your Browser and set it to on.
Now, when you drop that Template back on the timeline, it's anamorphic 16 to 9.

Et Voila!

Sascha

Return to posts index

Sheree Day
on Jan 30, 2012 at 5:50:47 am

Thanks, I tried the Motion distort way and it worked.

I tried the second way you suggest, but I couldn't find the Anamorphic tab in my browser. I did right click on the template in the browser and went through its properties, but couldn't find anamorphic - where am I going wrong?

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jan 30, 2012 at 6:51:55 am

Once you dropped the template from the viewer to the browser, it not right clicking, but inside your browser, you have to scroll horizontal, through all the different tabs, such as media start, media in, aspect ratio and so on.
You have to scroll quiet a bit to the right, then you will see the column: Anamorphic. Click on it to check that box, now drop your template from out browser back on the timeline, and it's 16:9.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]