FORUMS: list search recent posts

Captured entire clip in Prores 422 but not able to read entire clip in final cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Max Carlson
Captured entire clip in Prores 422 but not able to read entire clip in final cut
on Jan 28, 2012 at 4:25:39 am

Very strange problem I've never encountered before. I've been digitizing 30min BetaSP tapes to ProRes-422 format using an Aja Kona card. NTSC 29.97 video. I purposefully chose "On timecode break: Warn After Capture" vs. choosing "Make new clip" so that I'm left with just one clip for the entire tape. It has digitized the entire tape succesfully, when you load the actual clip in the finder and play it with quicktime the full 30mins are there, but for some reason while the clips are loaded into final cut, it will only read portions of the clip -- for instance, one 30min clip has come in as only the first 34secs of the clip, the others are random as well.

I'm not sure what's going on, my guess is that perhaps the tape did have timecode breaks, and for whatever reason final cut is choosing to read only the first portion of the clip until the timecode break occurs. Any ideas why quicktime can read the entire clip, but as soon as I load it into final cut it only reads a portion of it?

I'm on final cut 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Max Carlson
Re: Captured entire clip in Prores 422 but not able to read entire clip in final cut
on Jan 28, 2012 at 4:50:27 am

Figured out a solution... A bizarre solution. I loaded the clips into quicktime 7 pro -- simply resaved them from there, Command-S, dragged them back into final cut, and voila it reads the proper lengths and full clips now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]