FORUMS: list search recent posts

Now that I have a BLU RAY burner.....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Ford
Now that I have a BLU RAY burner.....
on Jan 27, 2012 at 4:33:15 pm

I got it for archiving sessions, but as I finish the latest video production, I'm thinking, for the few people around who might have a Blu Ray player, this could be sort of cool.

With FCP 7.0.3, I can export via compressor, but there are no obvious choices for Blu Ray.

Can I use Compressor? Is there any process documentation?

Can I use DVD Studio Pro?

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Now that I have a BLU RAY burner.....
on Jan 27, 2012 at 5:01:52 pm

Buy the book "Fast Path to Blu-Ray" by Bruce Nazarrian.

[Ty Ford] "Can I use Compressor?"

Yes. Make an h.264 for Blu-ray.

[Ty Ford] "Is there any process documentation?"
It's in the &%#$ Manual.

[Ty Ford] "Can I use DVD Studio Pro?"
No.

Share, Adobe Encore or Toast with the BD plug-in

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 27, 2012 at 5:58:58 pm

How handy that you posted this, Ty, out BD burners came in yesterday for all the suites andI just installed an outboard Mercury brand BluRay burner in my suite yesterday afternoon. We're currently testing it out with our FCP-7 suites.

One suite is testing making pure archival data disks by just dragging the file to the disc icon.

The other suite is going into the File>share menu dialog from an HD FCP-7 timeline and hitting the "make BluRay" option. The progress bar is cooking along and says: "come check after lunch", so I'll maybe have something to add this afternoon.

When I've used thuis "share" dialog to exporgt to youtube, it just hangs for hours, so I'm curious if the BD option is going to really be plug and play or if there will be some tweaking involed.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 27, 2012 at 7:18:11 pm

Back from lunch, and progress bar isn'r. We'll give it some time.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 27, 2012 at 8:22:59 pm

Made a second try just now, it works. The difference was I forgot or didn't notice about assigning a file destination first; once I did, the share function actually worked as advertised, burned the movie from the timeline to the BD disk at about a 2:1 ratio of original run time, soa 10 minute file took around 20 to burn.

I took this disk to another suite's mac pro tower, and I was able to use Clipwrap to convert the bluray's m2t h.264 files to a .mov format that the editing system could see and play back.

My next step is finding the right software to just play a BD movie disk on the mac. So far, most solutions offered seem to require ripping the files to your drive before playing. I'd appreciate any guidance on what you other guys use for this.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Jan 27, 2012 at 9:27:18 pm

[Mark Suszko] "My next step is finding the right software to just play a BD movie disk on the mac. So far, most solutions offered seem to require ripping the files to your drive before playing. I'd appreciate any guidance on what you other guys use for this."

I'd love to know what you find. I just rip 'em and play the file in VLC.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jan 27, 2012 at 11:26:46 pm

I have the CompressHD card from Matrox that creates h.264 for Blu-Ray in record time. Drop that file into Toast add ac3 file and create BD disc.

Encore CS5.5 workflow hopefully in a few weeks.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Juan Manuel
on Mar 9, 2012 at 12:37:22 pm

You can use Mac Blu Ray Player (http://www.macblurayplayer.com/) to play the discs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]