FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 & Livetype

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Hoey
FCP 7 & Livetype
on Jan 26, 2012 at 11:50:20 pm

I bought a new imac and loaded FCP 7 upgrade- no livetype! I have my original FCS disks with livetype - can I just load the livetype disks or will i get issues??

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: FCP 7 & Livetype
on Jan 27, 2012 at 3:22:19 am

No issues. Just load it.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 27, 2012 at 4:04:22 pm

Also, much of Livetype was carried over into Motion 3&4.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Jan 27, 2012 at 4:54:44 pm

hummm....when we got our FCP 7 systems a few years ago the people here complained that there was no livetype. they were used to it in FCP 6. it's in Motion tho. so...if i can get hold of the FCP 6 disks i can load livetype into FCP 7 ???

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 27, 2012 at 6:00:32 pm

I believe you can, if stand-alone Livetype is what you perfer. One of our editors did this.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jan 27, 2012 at 6:08:20 pm

Ditto the other posts, and I too like livetype. It's a dedicated titler, even though Motion will do the same, it's just a more "dedicated" tool for the creation of titles.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 30, 2012 at 5:48:06 pm

And Motion doesn't do EVERYTHING livetype did. Extruded text for one.

Return to posts index

Daw Frame
on May 23, 2013 at 4:38:38 pm

Hi, I am using FCP 7 with LiveType 2... seems to be good but wish I had more templates and effects... seems they have all dropped out of sight on the internet... although LiveType clearly has its uses as a fast and simple titler.
I filmed my video on a Canon T3i and transcoded my files to ProRes 422 ... and they appear in my FCP 7 browser and all is hunky dory. Furthermore, my frame size is 1920 x 1080 and rate is 25 fps. Audio rate 48 KHz. What confuses me is I don't know what my settings in LiveType should be. That is, what should my Project Preferences in LiveType be so that they dovetail with my project in FCP 7?

Would appreciate understanding how this works better.

many thanks, D

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on May 23, 2013 at 9:58:35 pm

Make the project settings in LiveType the same as your sequence's settings.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Jim Hoey
on May 23, 2013 at 10:39:45 pm

Hi guys,
Concur with Jerry.
Thx, Jim

Return to posts index

Daw Frame
on May 24, 2013 at 11:09:18 am

Thanx, yes, I can understand your answer, and I appreciate it, however, I still don't have all of the info to do this. My sequence settings are for ProRes 422. According to the summary on this preset in FCP 7, I have certain information concerning the sequence settings and based on this I can fill out some of the settings fields in LiveType.

When I go over to LiveType, I presume I must do a custom Project Properties (I can save it thereafter). To set Custom settings, the first box is Width, 1920 px (ok) this is followed by ? inches at ? dpi. Then there is Height, 1080 px again followed by ? inches at ? dpi. This is followed by Frame Rate 25.00 fps, Field Dominance None, then Pixel aspect ?

So basically, where there are " ? ", I do not have the data to enter into the boxes, i.e., For Width and Height, what values should be entered for ____ inches at _____dpi. Nor do I know what I should set Pixel aspect to.

The reason I can't set them is because I don't understand the significance of these values. Can anybody explain the significance of these values and what they should be for ProRes 422?

Many thanks for your help with this. All the best, D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]