FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 / TOAST 11 won't burn Blu-Ray

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Larock
FCP 7 / TOAST 11 won't burn Blu-Ray
on Jan 26, 2012 at 8:11:09 pm

I can't seem to successfully burn a Blu-Ray with my Pioneer BD203. I'm using a MacPro with OSX Lion. I've installed the BD plug-in for Toast, but it keeps crashing every time I try to burn a disc. FCP 7 does the same whenever I use the "Share function". Same with Compressor. Last time I checked, Pioneer hasn't updated their firmware since 2009.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
Re: FCP 7 / TOAST 11 won't burn Blu-Ray
on Jan 26, 2012 at 11:24:05 pm

Eric,

I have the same Pioneer drive and a MacPro running Snow Leopard. I have no problems burning Blu-Rays with Toast 10. I'm using the drive in an external enclosure. I would check with Roxio to see if there is an issue with Toast 11. Have you done the updates? They have an owners forum on the Roxio website. Check that out as well.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jan 27, 2012 at 1:56:14 am

What are the exact steps you are doing before bringing in your h.264 for Blu-ray into Toast? What are the exact steps are you doing in Toast?

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Jan 27, 2012 at 2:26:33 am

Well, to start with, I'm doing the compression in Compressor, and using MPeg2 rather than H.264. Then I take it into Toast, and make sure the settings in Toast match my source, otherwise, it will try to re-compress.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]