FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time line setting for music sequence shot at 24 fps

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katie Macey
Time line setting for music sequence shot at 24 fps
on Jan 26, 2012 at 6:57:01 pm

I am editing a music sequence that has been filmed at 24 fps. I need to sync it to the original music track as the sound quality on the video is not good. I have tried converting the takes using cinema tools to 25 fps. But it is now out of time with the music track (it is too long). I took a chance and slowed the sequence down to 96% and the dance ends at the same time as the music track but is out of sync in the middle. Very frustrating. Can anyone shed any light please?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Time line setting for music sequence shot at 24 fps
on Jan 26, 2012 at 9:27:23 pm

HOW was it shot? Using what kind of camera? What's the media container and codec of the footage?

If you shot at 24p, the footage should be at 23.976 frames/sec (aka 23.98 in FCP-Speak). Depending on your camera, you may have to remove 3:2 pulldown to get to 23.976. Depending on the recording codec, you may have to transcode to ProRes 422. Depending on your camera (again), you may not have ingested the footage properly into FCP.

We simply can't tell based on the available information.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Time line setting for music sequence shot at 24 fps
on Jan 27, 2012 at 5:40:17 am

I guess the original music is AIFF or so.
I think you are suffering an old FC bug (http://library.creativecow.net/lyon_matt/fixing-fcp-assets/1).
The best you can do is to open a new FC project, and BEFORE importing the sound set the default sequence withe the time-base of your footage.
then import the audio files.
They should keep in sync when edited.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]