FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Output Projection system vs. PLasma / LCD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Pallenberg
Final Output Projection system vs. PLasma / LCD
on Jan 26, 2012 at 5:57:03 pm

I have a project that will be screened on a projection system & on 1 plasma & 1 LCD screen. I did a quick test yesterday and the same DVD is routed to all 3 screens - it looks great on the plasma & lcd - but the projection looks WAY to hot and blown out. The projection is the biggest and thus most important screen. They did not think they could dial down the settings - although I am trying to get permission to have them do it.

Any tips / ideas on how I can adjust it? I guess I could just be heavy broadcast safe and cater to the big screen and have the plasma & lcd be too dark?

Thanks

Thanks,
Harry

Forum Cowmunity Leader: Indie & Doc
Forum Cowmunity Leader: HDV

2.93Core i7 ** 4GB ** 10.6.7 (Office / Photoshop/ FCP 7)
Dual 2.0 G5 ** 8GB ** 10.6.7 Kona 2 (FCP 6.0.4 Machine)

Where They Raced
http://www.wheretheyraced.com

Return to posts index

William Carr
Re: Final Output Projection system vs. PLasma / LCD
on Jan 27, 2012 at 8:25:40 am

It's likely by perverting the proper color, contrast and image parameters of your work, the result will be really ugly but in a different way than their blown-out settings.

Really the whole point of a projector is to show something to many people at once, so it's hard to understand what would prevent the simple act of adjusting the projector to achieve this.

Offer them to guarantee you will return the settings to exactly where they currently are.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]