FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting from Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Shaw
Exporting from Final Cut Pro
on Jan 26, 2012 at 3:55:12 pm

Hi I'm current using After Effects and Final Cut Pro 7 to create a video that will be burnt to a disc and handed to a guy at an event tomorrow who'll copy it to his Macbook Pro. He'll then run the video off there.

I've been using the ProRes 4444 codec when exporting from After Effects to Final Cut. The quality is mindblowingly good. Is is possible to just use this codec for the final output through compressor? Does it work on any Mac?

If not what is a good workflow to stop banding and make things crisp and super sharp? The final output will be in 720p.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Chris

ps I accidentally posted this in the After Effects section too

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Exporting from Final Cut Pro
on Jan 26, 2012 at 4:22:31 pm

I would not hand over a ProRes codec file to someone to play off a computer. They need to have that codec on that comp. to play it.

Start with the Youtube/Vimeo HD preset and go from there:

1280x720
deinterlace (if interlaced only)
5,000kbs
.h264
.mov

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Chris Shaw
on Jan 26, 2012 at 4:46:25 pm

Thanks for your reply Chris.

I emailed the company and they assured me it would play fine on their Mac, but saying that doesn't that codec only come with Final Cut Pro?

The reason I ask is because I'm getting a serious issue with banding when I set it to the above. I've put the 'reduce banding' video filter on in Final Cut Pro but it looks nasty once rendered out from Compressor.

Thanks

Chris

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 26, 2012 at 5:33:50 pm

The ProRes encoder for PR 4444 comes with FCP 7. But any computer with QT7.6 can watch it...the ProRes decoder is in the latest QT update. Delivering ProRes 4444 is a great option...as good of quality as Animation codec, but 1/3 the file size.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Shaw
on Jan 26, 2012 at 5:36:02 pm

Thanks Shane, so it's not amateur for me to use it as a final output for my videos, when we use the same company at our events?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 26, 2012 at 5:46:00 pm

Prores444 is perfect to export from AE, but once you bring it to FC, export Prores or Prores HQ.
No point on mastering in Prores444. Most of all when you are going to an MPEG-2/420.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 26, 2012 at 6:25:14 pm

[Chris Shaw] " so it's not amateur for me to use it as a final output for my videos"

Lord no. It's a great codec.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]