FORUMS: list search recent posts

AF-100 Meta data in FCP 7.0.3 Not loading

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Piers Faircloth-Harding
AF-100 Meta data in FCP 7.0.3 Not loading
on Jan 26, 2012 at 9:46:02 am

I have a problem with the meta data from the Panasonic AF-100 not registering in FCP 7

We have the Meta Data registering on the camera and have all the settings correct according to the Barry Green book on the AF-100. It just wont register in log and transfer nor will it register on the recorded clip names.

I am used to working with Meta data as I work with P2 a lot, I ran tests today with AVCCam viewer and the P2 .mxf clip meta data came up fine whereas the AF-100 AVCHD did not.

We have the Panasonic AC-160 onsite too and its metadata is coming through fine.

Very keen to know what I am doing wrong or if this is a known bug with the AF-100?

I am dealing with multi day/camera shoots and the A Cam is the AF-100 so i have to get this sorted asap.

I know I can custom the clip names in log and transfer which is how my workflow has been going but this then means my Raw does not match my pro res unless I change my scratch disk every time according to card numbers.

any info or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Mike Thorn
Re: AF-100 Meta data in FCP 7.0.3 Not loading
on Apr 10, 2012 at 2:07:14 pm

We are having an identical issue here in our production facility. AF100 with the latest firmware, loaded with custom metadata created in AVCCAM Viewer, L&T into FCP6, no dice.

Most/all of the metadata is visible on the camera side once imported from the SD card. Ironically, some of it is visible in FCP (like "shooter" or "program name," but perhaps the most useful of all, "user clip name," remains blank. I'm puzzled.

Return to posts index

Piers Faircloth-Harding
Re: AF-100 Meta data in FCP 7.0.3 Not loading
on Apr 14, 2012 at 6:21:36 am

Hey Mike

Its good to know im not alone with this one. As we could not rely on meta data I started managing the AF footage by using the custom name feature in FCP L&T to recreate the user metadata (A_PIHA_D1_C1) and just changed my scratch disk for every card so that the scratch disk bin structure matched my raw bin structure. It was a slower process but seeing as you can get so much footage on a card I rarely got more than four a day. If a solution comes up im all ears as Meta data is so good to work with.

We also get everything but user clip name upon import even though its clearly loaded in camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved