FORUMS: list search recent posts

Voice Over in FCP?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sharif Al-Haj
Voice Over in FCP?
on Jan 26, 2012 at 12:22:45 am

Is there a way to use a lip mic and hook it up to my mac so that I can use Final Cut Pro. The lip Mic is an XLR. I want to know if there is such a thing as a converter that allows the audio from the XLR mic to my MacBook Pro. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Voice Over in FCP?
on Jan 26, 2012 at 12:42:52 am

http://www.bluemic.com/icicle/

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 26, 2012 at 2:42:48 am

Does your mic require phantom power? There are lots of ways to get an XLR mic into a Mac. A mixer that powers the mic and then feeds a digital signal (Optical SPDIF) is one. A converter to firewire or USB is another. Metric Halo, M Box are examples of this.

If you have a card like a Kona, Matrox, MOTU, Decklink some versions of these cards have digital and analog line level inputs so a mic preamp with analog line or digital outputs can be patched in that way.

Personaly I never use the VO tool. I have Fairlight so it is better to do VO recording in a dedicated DAW. Many people prefer Sound Track pro for VO record.

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Jan 30, 2012 at 12:43:01 pm

I use a Cakewalk (Roland ) UA25EX has 2 mike inputs ( one can be low-z, ideal to get an electric guitar into garage band!, also midi control), it also has a simple compressor and limiter

Unfortunately now I am moving over to AVID for home use, avid only seems to accept m-audio usb devices at the moment.

(worth thinking about if you are not going to stay with FCP)

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]