FORUMS: list search recent posts

Have an external screen capture movie, is there a way to make it match sequence settings?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bauman
Have an external screen capture movie, is there a way to make it match sequence settings?
on Jan 24, 2012 at 5:25:48 pm

So Final Cut automatically takes my raw footage and changes my sequence to match clip settings. I do a screen capture of certain power point projects to combine them into my timeline. However they are not the same as my sequence settings because when I import them, they can't be played back till they are fully rendered. This obviously takes more time. I was wondering if there's a way I can change the clips to match the rest of my sequence, or if I have to do that manually in the screen capture software based on my sequence settings in FCP7?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Have an external screen capture movie, is there a way to make it match sequence settings?
on Jan 24, 2012 at 5:30:33 pm

Use Compressor to convert them to the format of the rest of the footage. WARNING THOUGH...screen captures are typically not the same pixel dimensions as your footage. Say you have 1920x1080 footage. Your screen capture is based on your computer resolution, so it might be 1920x1200...or 1600x1000, or 1280x960...whatever. And the aspect ratio won't be 16:9, but something different, so when you convert, the image will distort.

Might be best to bring it in as the aspect it is, and position it where you want, and render. As painful as that is. Or, live with the distortion.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Have an external screen capture movie, is there a way to make it match sequence settings?
on Jan 24, 2012 at 5:52:32 pm

... or bring the screen capture video in to Motion, animate it as you'd like, and render out a completed quicktime movie in your editing codec.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:38:12 pm

Ooooo...I like that one Dave...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]