FORUMS: list search recent posts

strange 'silent stereo clip' bug

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Price
strange 'silent stereo clip' bug
on Jan 24, 2012 at 2:12:50 pm

Hi
i have had this bug for a few months now, in FCP7. Any thoughts appreciated.

Often clips, for one reason or another, are digitised/transcoded with stereo audio (with the Panny AF101 there seems to be no choice). Its not the end of the world, because in the timeline, I 'un' stereo' them, and turn one channel down in order to hear just one track.

The bug is, that almost always when i return to the very first clip n the timeline, the track i have left up has also been turned down, producing a silent clip. THis happens so much that I know it isnt me mistakenly turn it down by accident.

More importantly when exporting this also occurs so on a seemingly finished edit, i listen to the resultant quicktime to find the first bit of sync is silent!

And weirdly is always the first clip only!

ANy thoughts?
thanks
nick

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: strange 'silent stereo clip' bug
on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:28:02 pm

So the clip is no longer stereo but is it still linked? Try moving the clip with volume down to another track, leaving the turned up clip on its own. If it turns out to be a bug with a first clip then put something else at the head of the sequence like slug or bars & tone

Return to posts index

Nick Price
Re: strange 'silent stereo clip' bug
on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:33:09 pm

Hi
i suppose it seems to think its linked, but it doesnt look like it is, or act like it is, until i go away and come back to it. There are work arounds like unenabling the unused track, but worrying every time i export that the audio is going to be correct is frustrating.

thanks
n

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]