FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I reveal all clips in a sequence in Finder?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Lester
How do I reveal all clips in a sequence in Finder?
on Jan 23, 2012 at 4:05:04 am

So I basically have done this: I filmed, and imported all of that footage into a FCP project. Of course, I only used about half of the footage. So, I need to now open all of the clips that I used in my final sequence in After Effects to add some effects, and then I need to replace the old footage with the new footage in FCP. So, without clicking one by one, how can I reveal every clip in my sequence in Finder and make a new folder for AE videos on my computer? I've tried selecting the entire sequnce and clicking "Reveal in Finder", and it does not work. Thanks!

Member of iFrosh

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How do I reveal all clips in a sequence in Finder?
on Jan 23, 2012 at 6:06:11 am

There is no way to do what you are asking. You CAN get Automatic Duck (now FREE) Pro Export to send a sequence from FCP to After Effects...and you will get them in a sequence, each individual clip...which is pretty cool. BUT, you cannot export from AE as separate clips that then replace all the clips in the FCP sequence. YOu can only export as a single file. Which is fine, when things are locked and you won't make any more changes.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
Re: How do I reveal all clips in a sequence in Finder?
on Jan 23, 2012 at 1:22:29 pm

If you have Premiere Pro you can create an XML in FCP which will Premiere will import and then you can dynamic link into AE. But as Shane said the result is one rendered file of your timeline, not single clips.

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Avid Artist Transport • Media Composer 5.5 • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]