FORUMS: list search recent posts

Salary Expectations for Lead Editor/Post Production Supervisor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Kim
Salary Expectations for Lead Editor/Post Production Supervisor
on Jan 22, 2012 at 4:01:17 am

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this would be the place to post this sort of topic, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Recently, I've been given the opportunity to take on a lead editing position as well as post production supervisor for an 8 part television series.

Each episode will be 30 minutes long. I would be responsible for overseeing all post production as well as creating 3d/2d motion graphics for the show and online editing. I'd also be part of the creative process in designing the "look" of the show as well as maintain constant communication with our production team to ensure we get what we need. I'd have an assistant editor to manage as well and also maintain post-production equipment and delivery standards.

I realize the duties I just listed would be enough for 2-3 full time jobs but this is a small crew and would most likely expand if/when the show is successful.

I've been offered the job and have been asked to provide my salary expectations. They would like a monthly cost for the 2-3 months of post production or one flat fee for the entire project.

I realize different countries/cities have different salaries so here is where I reside:

Vancouver, B.C Canada

If anyone with experience in this position can send over some examples of salary, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time and consideration to help me out.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Salary Expectations for Lead Editor/Post Production Supervisor
on Jan 23, 2012 at 1:56:39 am

Unfortunately there is no standard. A lot depends on years of experience, talent and the budget for the job. I've been editing for 25 years and I get anywhere from $450 a day to $1000 for an 8 hour day. That's US Dollars.

One thing I would not do is give a flat rate. You will get screwed.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

James Kim
on Jan 23, 2012 at 6:19:43 am

Hey Steve, thanks for your response.

I'll be coming up on 5 years of experience, but know AE inside out, C4D Basics + Continually learning, Final Cut Studio (Final cut pro, color, compressor, soundtrack etc...) Very well.

I've also been trained in the project management side of things.

I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Christie
on Jan 23, 2012 at 7:13:35 am

Hi James

That's three to four different jobs with three to four different pay levels. In Vancouver I would expect to see a range from $250 to $400 per day.

Cheers

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]