FORUMS: list search recent posts

A way to link clips in timeline to create a single clip?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dylan toombs
A way to link clips in timeline to create a single clip?
on Jan 22, 2012 at 2:51:40 am

I used Pluraleyes to sync a bunch of footage, but for some reason it would not create a multi clip. I would like to link all my cuts together and create a singe clip that I can place in my bin. If that is not possible, would there be a loss of quality if I exported a sequence in QT and converted it back to prores 422?

I have two lines of video that I would like to link to the same audio track, plural synced them up, but I need to run them in a multi clip.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
Re: A way to link clips in timeline to create a single clip?
on Jan 24, 2012 at 2:18:56 am

Dylan, if I understand your question correctly, you might find the tutorial on the Pluraleyes site useful:

http://www.singularsoftware.com/tutorials.html#useful_multiclips_final_cut

click the "Tips for truly useful multiclips video" link

However, they recommend UNCHECKING the "make self contained" option, to create a reference movie. I don't necessarily agree. I think there is too much potential for reference movies to "break," should you move or lose the original media. But you have to decide what approach works for you. If you check the "make self contained" box, then you are creating a brand new media file, which obviously takes up more disc space. Also, both approaches break any links your clips have with the original camera media. This is problematic should you need to re-ingest or recapture your media in the future.

hth,

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]