FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dimensions problem in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
elliott vecchia
Dimensions problem in FCP
on Jan 21, 2012 at 7:54:52 am

Ok this is really strange , im an experienced FCP user, But im confused. On my home system when I export a Standard def project the current dimensions are around 720 by 480 but when I go to do it on my laptop the current dimensions are 424x318 , I NEVER set anything to those dimensions. This is really , really frustrating and confusing , I just want it to go back to normal. Please help,

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Dimensions problem in FCP
on Jan 21, 2012 at 10:14:08 pm

When you export via Quicktime movie, the default is current settings. If your sequence is set to 720 x 480 and the correct codec then it should always output correctly.

I suspect you are using Quicktime conversion. If so then you have to specify what the codec and size settings are each time. The default is usually H264 with a smaller frame size.

Return to posts index

elliott vecchia
on Jan 21, 2012 at 11:55:46 pm

The settings are set to 720x480, but It exports it at 720x480(680x480). I just want it at 720x480. Further more I have no idea why it claims the current dimensions are 424x318. Even when I got to export just a QuickTime movie it makes it the wrong size. All the clips were imported correctly. The sequence settings are at 720x480 3:2 NTSC dv, when I change it to 4:3 it makes the dimensions 680x480 , I just want it at 720x480 so it doesn't look so square when I upload it to YouTube or vimeo

Return to posts index

Joseph Olesh
on Jan 23, 2012 at 2:38:33 am

What pixel aspect ratio is your sequence set to? Have you tried opening a new sequence, setting the parameters to sq pixels and 720X480, then pasting the sequence and adjusting the aspect ration in your Basic Motion tab?

Joseph Olesh
Emerging Media Director
Tier10 Marketing | Washington, DC
Twitter Google+ Vimeo Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]