FORUMS: list search recent posts

Oops, I edited H.264 natively in FCP - now what?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Newton Liu
Oops, I edited H.264 natively in FCP - now what?
on Jan 21, 2012 at 7:00:11 am

Before anyone asks how I can be this dumb, hear me out: I'm a Premiere Pro CS5 editor. I usually just drag my Canon DSLR H.264 files straight in and go to work. I like the convenience.

But now I just purchased a Macbook and am overseas on a trip. I shot a party one night and now I just put it together in FCP7 (not my first time using FCP, but my first time using FCP with Canon H.264 files). Yes, I nearly finished a 2:30 minute video editing H.264 natively. I was wondering why things were so slow on my brand new Macbook until I came across these forums.

Now when I export even on the best settings, the colors are dull and the compression artifacts are present in the final product.

What can I do to salvage this project without redoing it all? Time is a factor here. I just want a 720P product looking like the footage in my sequence player in FCP.

Much obliged,
newton

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Oops, I edited H.264 natively in FCP - now what?
on Jan 21, 2012 at 12:00:29 pm

Hi Newton,
Change the sequence codec for Prores and check "Render in High Precision" (sequence settings).
And read this:
http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Newton Liu
Re: Oops, I edited H.264 natively in FCP - now what?
on Jan 28, 2012 at 11:35:49 am

Okay thanks. I did ProRes 422 and Render all YUV material in high precision YUV.

It seemed to have helped, but I'm not positive. There's a bit of clicking in the audio at the beginning of the sequence. I'm not sure why. Changing to 44.1 khz or 48 didn't help.

Return to posts index

Dan Brogan
I edited H.264 natively in FCP QT export freezes and skips video
on May 18, 2012 at 6:52:00 am

Im an idiot and i forgot to convert my canon 7d footage to prores. My whole project is now done and i need to fix it fast. Pretty much the problem im having is that when i export the porject with the current sequence settings the QT file freezes at pts and skips. Just the video goes black or stays on a frame and only near the end the rest of the video is fine. Im guessing this is because of the h.246 native edit mishap but im not sure. How can i fix this ?! please help!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: I edited H.264 natively in FCP QT export freezes and skips video
on May 18, 2012 at 9:47:43 am

Simplest is to Media Manage your project and recompress the final timeline to ProRes422.

Return to posts index

Dan Brogan
on May 18, 2012 at 12:39:32 pm

Do you think you could explain further if you have a second? I tried taking my timeline. Changing the sequence settings to proress422(hq) after that i had to rerender it went through the entire render process only to pop an error message up saying codec not found or something along those lines. This is really becoming a problem have you run into this before? And what you suggested worked?

And in response to the other vlc player shows a gray screen at the points i see it skip/freeze in QT

Return to posts index

becky balsano
on Oct 6, 2013 at 5:41:56 pm

I know this was posted sometime ago - but I am having the same issues -
full timeline edited in h264 - did you find a way around this - and is it possible to use compressor to
without changing to pro res?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]