FORUMS: list search recent posts

I just made one clip really tall and fat in the timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Roesler
I just made one clip really tall and fat in the timeline
on Jan 21, 2012 at 12:06:40 am

I just clicked on something around the left side of my screen and one of the video clips on my timeline just became really tall, and blocks out some of the other clips... lol.... I definitely don't need that clip to be any larger than the rest. If anyone knows how to reverse this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: I just made one clip really tall and fat in the timeline
on Jan 21, 2012 at 12:16:33 am

Right click that clip, choose remove attributes, and check Basic Motion and Distort. Hit okay and see what happens... If it's worse or has undesirable effects just hit undo and report back.

Oh, if the clip is SD, not HD, you might also find that clip in the browser and click to the anamorphic column to put check in it to unsqueeze it and make it display properly.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Jan 21, 2012 at 12:49:14 am

Hey David,
Thanks for the reply. I think I did a bad job of explaining my problem. The clip looks weird in the TIMELINE now... it displays fine in the box on the top right when I'm actually watching the video.

All of my other clips are stacked about 1/4 inch tall... now the one video clip is an inch tall and all of the thumbnails on it are huge.

I don't know what I did...

thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 21, 2012 at 2:29:19 am

The tracks are independently resize able. Just mouse around to the left and you'll figure it out. As well, shift t resizes all at once, but I don't think it will override the adjustment you made.

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Jan 21, 2012 at 12:42:08 pm

GOT IT!

I just didnt want to push anything that would mess something up... one of the buttons over there said something about deleting render files so I freaked out.

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Jan 21, 2012 at 12:42:36 pm

and THANK YOU!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 22, 2012 at 12:55:26 am

The "lights" turn tracks on and off. Can be useful if you don't want to show a track for some reason. But if something on that track has been rendered, it becomes unrendered. That's all. Can always re render. But if the render took a long time, you probably wouldn't want to do that. I turn clips on and off independently when I need to. More versatile anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]