FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't view Preview on External Display FCP 5

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john bolton
Can't view Preview on External Display FCP 5
on Jan 20, 2012 at 9:21:43 pm

Hello. I have searched and searched to try and solve this problem and I think may of tried all possible solutions but nothing works.

I have a PCC Quad core running FCP 5.04.. I have a dual graphics card of which one DVI is connected to a 24" TFT Monitor and the other is connected DVI to a 32" Regular lat screen TV at HDMI. ( DVI to HDMI Lead ).. With the display settings showing the correct Identity of the PANASONIC TV @ 1920 * 1080 and the 24" Monitor showing its correct display 1920 * 1200 ( I think they call it 16:10 ). I can see on the 24" monitor the regular MAC Desktop with tool bars, etc and on the 32" PANASONIC just the background picture of the standard display. I can move the mouse from one screen to the other so as far as I can tell the system knows both screens are in extended mode . In FCP in the A/V Video output - Video Playback mode - selection I can only see one possible selection - Digital Cinema Desktop Preview-Full Screen. . This option is there whether the TV is connected or not. My question is,, Should I see another option when the TV is connected???, in the same way that if you have no FW connected there are no FW selection options.
When I set it for Digital Cinema Desktop Preview-Full Screen. and I go to F12 to External Video > All Frames, the 24” Monitor shows the FULL picture but the TV is still showing the MAC picture background..
I have reset the FCP Desktop and made sure the Fit to Window is ticked and the Un-tick Mirror is Un-ticked and made sure it is in RGB mode and also IMAGE, etc I think most other options but the Full screen preview never appears on the PANASONIC TV..
Can only Certain TV be used with FCP??
Any help would be much appreciated Thanks John

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Can't view Preview on External Display FCP 5
on Jan 21, 2012 at 5:15:22 am

Under that view menu there should be something that says refresh external devices or something like that. You should then get 3 more cinema preview desktop choices including I think - full , raw, and fill. The computer sees the other display, but final cut needs a little kick to see it I think.

Return to posts index

john bolton
Re: Can't view Preview on External Display FCP 5
on Jan 21, 2012 at 8:41:35 am

Hello Bret.. I have also tried the refresh devices but still nothing. I have made sure the TV is on before starting the MAC and FCP.. If I connect my Canopus box then the Firewire option appear and that works fine.I have not yet tried any other monitor on the second DVI output so will do that as I am out of ideas. It is interesting to learn that there should be more more cinema preview desktop options which does make sense which is why I guess it is not working. If you have any other thoughts that are away from the norm then I will be please to hear about them ....... Thanks for you information. Regards John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]