FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proapps Quicktime Codecs 1.0 Glitch?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Colin
Proapps Quicktime Codecs 1.0 Glitch?
on Jan 20, 2012 at 7:52:23 pm

Greetings. I decided to install the Proapps Quicktime Codecs 1.0, even though I'm not using FCPX. Since then I've noticed that my clips are darker in Compressor than in Quicktime Player. It's making me crazy. Example: I export a DV-NTSC reference movie from FCP7, looks great in QT Player, but when I pull it into Compressor 3.5.3 to make DVD assets, the video is dark. Looks like a gamma issue, but it wasn't there before I installed the codecs package. The behavior was the same on my Lion volume. Anyone else having this problem?

Michael Colin
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8GHz Intel Core Duo Unibody
OSX 10.6.8

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Proapps Quicktime Codecs 1.0 Glitch?
on Jan 20, 2012 at 8:42:18 pm

#49 - Quicktime movie lighter than what I see in FCP.

Shane's Stock Answer #49 - Why is the Quicktime Movie I made much lighter than what I see in my timeline in FCP?

Because it is designed to be bright enough to be seen on most monitors, some that might be too dark. But, if you want to see the same image you see in your FCP timeline, just open Quicktime, and in the Quicktime Player's preferences window under the General tab you can choose to Enable Final Cut Studio color compatibility.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Colin
on Jan 21, 2012 at 12:32:45 am

Thanks for the response, Shane, but the problem is not with Quicktime. The clip looks the same in FCP and QT, it's Compressor where the clip appears darker.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 21, 2012 at 12:51:51 am

I guess you can take it as a given that installing updates designed for FCPX and later versions of COmpressor will break things in FCS3.

Gamma issues in quicktime have always been a mess and installing an update designed for a different version of Compressor is not likely to cause anything but further grief.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 21, 2012 at 2:32:20 am

Didn't for me. I don't have FCP x installed. I thought everyone got that update if you're using pro apps. Might just be lion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]