FORUMS: list search recent posts

KEYBOARD SHORTCUT for switching from source monitor to record monitor (Timeline)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chancler Haynes
KEYBOARD SHORTCUT for switching from source monitor to record monitor (Timeline)
on Jan 20, 2012 at 1:29:46 am

Hello,

I'm not sure if there's a simple way to do this, no big deal. I was just wondering if there is a keyboard shortcut for switching from the source monitor to the timeline, ya know, without having to use the mouse. I'm assisting right now, and all I have to do is set a bunch of markers and label each line in each take. It's getting annoying having to reach for my mouse just to click into the source monitor and then click onto the timeline to activate it. I know there has to be a keyboard shortcut but I can't find it. This would be a lot quicker if I could continue using only the keyboard. Thanks.

-Chan

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: KEYBOARD SHORTCUT for switching from source monitor to record monitor (Timeline)
on Jan 20, 2012 at 1:41:21 am

Command 1 and 2

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: KEYBOARD SHORTCUT for switching from source monitor to record monitor (Timeline)
on Jan 20, 2012 at 1:41:25 am

The letter "Y" switches between Source and Record monitors...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Jan 20, 2012 at 1:49:29 am

did you re-map that, Shane?

Q is the traditional command (it mimics' Avid's Escape Key command for the same function)

nick

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 20, 2012 at 1:50:37 am

Oh, crud, I DID! "Q" is the key normally...but I remapped Q and W to mimic Avid's GO TO IN and GO TO OUT.

Thanks for catching that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]