FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scrolling title with photo in background

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sheree Day
Scrolling title with photo in background
on Jan 19, 2012 at 12:27:51 am

HI

I've searched the threads but can't seem to find an answer to my question. I was hoping someone could help me.

I have FCP7 and Motion4 - and I'm new to both.

I need to create a long scrolling list of credits (scrolling up) and a stagnant photo in the background.

The credits have different fonts and font sizes.

I gather one way to do it is import an Word doc saved as RTF into Motion 4 to create the scrolling list (a youtube video showed me how). Then import into FCP7 and put on v2 and the pic on v1. But what video effect do I use from the effects tab in FCP7 so the photo is in the background stagnant and the credits roll over it?

Thanking you in advance for any assistance.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Scrolling title with photo in background
on Jan 19, 2012 at 12:29:46 am

If you use Boris to create the credit roll and have the picture on V1 and the credits on V2, they will superimpose over the static picture.

If you create the roll in Morion, export as ProRes4444 so it has an alpha channel and will super over the picture on V1.

Return to posts index

Sheree Day
on Jan 20, 2012 at 6:17:01 am

HI

I tired the Boris title - but not all the credits came out; only a couple of lines, so I'm obviously doing something wrong. I have about 50 or so categories with winners and runners up in each.

The Motion 4 title worked somewhat - I got all the credits in how I wanted them, but the duration would not change from 9 seconds.

I went to Motion / Preferences and tried to change the duration there. It lengthened it a bit, but not enough, so the credits all roll, but way too fast. I did get it however to superimpose over a photo and footage later in FCP7.

How do I change the duration in Motion 4, as there is no 'save' icon on the preferences box that pops up? And I only need to change the duration on this item to something like 3 minutes - most other things I will do in Motion 4 will be the titles that pop up when someone speaks so 9 seconds is fine for that.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 20, 2012 at 6:24:50 am

In Motion's timeline view window, grab the end of the blue bar for that text and drag it out longer

Return to posts index

Sheree Day
on Jan 20, 2012 at 9:27:21 am

Hi Mark

I dragged it like you say, but I can't get it past about 10 seconds; it just loops back to the beginning after 10 seconds.

For the credits I need to run, I will need something longer like a whole minute.

Do you know what I am doing wrong in Motion 4?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 21, 2012 at 12:44:45 am

In Boris you have to select Roll so the text moves. You then put all the text you want, format and simply set or drag the duration.

Return to posts index

Sheree Day
on Jan 21, 2012 at 2:18:31 am

HI Michael

I accidentally hit solution.

I understand in Boris you just pull the title on the timeline. But in Boris, although I could insert all the text, once I put it on the timeline, not all the text came scrolled through.

So since I was having difficulty with Boris, I tried Motion4.

It's Motion 4 that I am having difficulty extending the duration from 9 seconds to say, one minute and that's what I need assistance with if someone knows how. I did go to Preferences and change the duration but there is no 'save' icon on Preferences once you change the duration.

Simply dragging the blue text or effect on the timeline in Motion 4 does not work past about 10 seconds.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 19, 2012 at 3:38:54 pm

You can assign a time duration to a still photo of any length you need. And you can lengthen or shorten it easily to match the duration of the credit roll.

Double-click the photo to select it. In the upper left of the previewing window where the photo appears, is a tiny box where you type in the desired duration. Type the time you want, then you can drag the photo down into the timeline and it will have that length.

You can also set a menu preference to automatically assign a default duration to all imported still graphics. Once the photo is on your timeline, you can also just use your mouse to grab a handle on the end and stretch it or shorten it's duration.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]