FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD file structure missing files/folders?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Battle
AVCHD file structure missing files/folders?
on Jan 18, 2012 at 5:10:24 am

Hi

i have a days worth of footage that was shot on the Panasonic AF100 to three SD cards. the producer copied over all contents of each card to newly created folders onto an external. using Log and Transfer, i was able to connect to two of the three with no problems. the third, i get the annoying "contains unsupported media" error. i checked the structure of the first two cards and noticed the third card was missing the "AVCHDTN"folder which contains the thumbnails, and the INDEX.BDM and MOVIEOBJ.BDM files in the BDMV folder. i'm pretty sure that's the cause of Final Cut not recognizing that one card as a valid directory structure. was wondering what could be the cause of the two files and that one folder not being there? and is there is a way to rebuild the directory structure without the camera and original cards if they were already formatted? any and all insight on this matter would be appreciated

thanks

Jason

Mac Pro OS X 10.7 (Lion)
2x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
6 GB memory
FCP 7.0

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVCHD file structure missing files/folders?
on Jan 18, 2012 at 5:59:00 am

Try ClipWrap2. There is a demo available.

Also take a look at Shotput Pro by imagineproducts.com for offloading. It does checks and double checks to ensure that all the contents copy over.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 18, 2012 at 8:28:33 am

No need of ClipWrap anymore.
Download the free AVCCAM Import QT Component from PANASONIC.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jason Battle
on Jan 18, 2012 at 9:31:25 am

Shane and Raphael, thanks for the responses. i will try these out and post my results.

Jason

Return to posts index

Jason Battle
on Jan 18, 2012 at 9:31:58 am

Shane and Rafael, thanks for the responses. i will try these out and post my results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]