FORUMS: list search recent posts

De-lacing plug-in for FCP version 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sheree Day
De-lacing plug-in for FCP version 7
on Jan 14, 2012 at 9:55:28 am

HI

Does anyone know of where I can download a de-lacing plug-in for FCP version 7 - I need a de-lacing plug-in that has interpolation.

I've used the de-lacing in FCP, but I've heard there are better ones that do interpolation.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: De-lacing plug-in for FCP version 7
on Jan 14, 2012 at 1:10:45 pm

If you are talking about "de-interlacing", you have FieldsKit and Nattress for FC.
There is also an standalone free application called "Jes deinterlacer".
Compressor has also very good deinterlacing options.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Jan 14, 2012 at 3:02:18 pm

Most of the 'smart' deinterlacers do this by using motion detection to retain information that would be common between fields - in this way, they try to keep the vertical resolution up whilst having a progressive look.

The problem is that they can cause atifacting when they get confused, which is often more distracting that a straight de-interlace. Whatever you do to interlaced material, it will not be progressive when you finish (unless the camera shot PsF) - you can't fake it entirely.

When you talk about 'interpolation' you usually mean the opposite of this process - you are creating extra fields or frames from material, such as when you use optical flow, or 4-field interpolation for smoother slo mo. With a de-interlace, you are trying to take away fields, and this is trickier, as the image moves between them - it's impossible to just double these up to make a single frame without guessing at the motion.

Apart from graphics and small text, de-interlacing holds up much better in HD than it used to in SD material. For this reason, since moving to HD entirely, I bother a lot less now with 'smart' deinterlacers.

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/community/communitydetails/?UserStoryId=87...

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 15, 2012 at 12:57:04 am

Why not work in interlaced, and then run the final product through compressor or AE to create the progressive final? Keep everything high quality as long as possible.

Return to posts index

Sheree Day
on Jan 15, 2012 at 4:00:40 am

HI

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I've only just learnt FCP and Motion. Haven't got to After Effects (that will be a fair while down the track - I've heard it's hard to learn), and not sure if I have compressor (don't think it came in the package).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]