FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting File Size Too Big

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angel Santiago
Exporting File Size Too Big
on Jan 13, 2012 at 12:37:44 am

Hi, I'm pretty new to FCP and I am using version 7. I am trying to export a file that I captured using my Sony DV Firewire camera through FCP.

When I capture the file I noticed that it is approximately 1 GB and it is around 4:44 in length which is quite short. I am trying to export the file to a certain size and aspect ratio at a decent quality. I need it to be 700x380 and lower than 150MB if this is at all possible. Every time I manage to export it using various settings it is around 260MB+.

I would appreciate any help I could get with this, thank you.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Exporting File Size Too Big
on Jan 13, 2012 at 2:08:46 am

[Angel Santiago] "When I capture the file I noticed that it is approximately 1 GB and it is around 4:44 in length which is quite short."
That's correct.

Try exporting to H264.
Your original files is 1GB and the data rate is 25Mbps.
If you want the file to be 150MB, so 1/6 of the original file, you need to export with 1/6 the original data rate, so 25/6 Mbps = 4.1Mbps = 4.100 Kbps.

You have to allow room for the audio, so in the H264 set Data rate liimit = 3800 Kbps and 256 Kbps to the AAC Audio.
Set "Key frames = Auto".
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Drew DeCain
Re: Exporting File Size Too Big
on Jan 13, 2012 at 4:44:05 pm

You could alternatively try and download a free progam called MPEG Streamclip and further compress your footage using that instead of exporting from Final Cut Pro.

This method may result in some minor quality loss, but I assume you are not the most concerned with quality at the moment.

Here's a link to the Mac download:
http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]