FORUMS: list search recent posts

fcp problems after importing effects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rich pearson
fcp problems after importing effects
on Jan 11, 2012 at 6:46:35 pm

Hi
I am running fcp 5.1 on a G4 Dual 1GHz powerpc. I recently added a Bad tv, smooth cam effects bundle to the fx plug folder and managed to use the effect in my timeline. All was fine untill I came to render and I got a 'general error' message. I have trashed and deleted the effects folder, re-started the fcp, re-booted. Nothing will render in the timeline including unrelated media.The Bad tv effects shows up in the fcp filters menu as well.
Any suggestions on what I can do please.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: fcp problems after importing effects
on Jan 11, 2012 at 6:56:47 pm

Those are pretty intensive filters. I believe they require an Intel Mac to be able to render. I know a friend with a G5 that cannot get smoothcam to work.

I thought they were part of FCP 6 and 7...not sold separately. How did you get them separately?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

rich pearson
on Jan 11, 2012 at 7:53:06 pm

Hi Shane,
thanks for the reply. I didn't realise that they would'nt work with my set up. I got the link from an old 2009 forum posting. I should have checked the version that was running them. An experiment gone wrong.
do you have any suggestions as to how I can resume normal FCP operations please?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 11, 2012 at 8:37:12 pm

Trash your preferences....

#44: FCP acting weird - Trash Prefs

Shane's Stock Answer #44: FCP acting weird or unusual. Just not like is normally should

If the program was working fine, and now isn't, or just isn't working the way it should, the first things to do are:

1) Trash your FCP preferences. Download the Preference Manager from Digital Rebellion: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/pref_man.htm

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/trashing_fcp_prefs.html

2) Open the Disk Utility and Repair Permissions.

3) Shut down for 10 min. Go for a quick walk around the block and get SOME exercise today. Come back, turn on the computer and see how things are.

4) (optional) Do the Hokey Pokey and turn your self about. Results may vary.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]