FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture Scratch--not saving files to specfic folder

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
max orenstein
Capture Scratch--not saving files to specfic folder
on Jan 10, 2012 at 8:31:55 pm

I am working on a project and am Log and Transfering files that I have shot on my Sony HVR-Z7U-1. I am saving my files on my DROBO and have set up a folder called FCP Media, where final cut automatically creates a new folder containing my files with my project's name title whenever I capture/transfer new material.

I successfully logged and transferred new material and it created a new folder with my project name, ("Gym") to my DROBO. However, when I came back a few hours later to Log/Transfer more footage, I found that my files were still capturing to the DROBO except that instead of transferring to the "Gym" folder under FCP Media, a new folder called Capture Scratch was being created. The said folder contained a "Gym Folder" with the most recently transferred clips.

The process repeats itself every time I try to Log/Transfer. I have trashed my preferences to no avail. I will say that my scratch disk may have been initially targed to just my "DROBO" instead of "DROBO:FCP Media" the first time I L/T.

Bottom LINE: I want to get my files to go into ONE folder, every time I Log/Transfer footage. Am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

max orenstein
Re: Capture Scratch--not saving files to specfic folder
on Jan 10, 2012 at 9:11:14 pm

UPDATE: I opened up several of my projects and Log/Transfered several test clip to each. After noticing each went in to the folder they were intended to, I think I noticed the initial problem: I originally had a different destination (DROBO)and then I set up a new one (DROBO:FCP). That was the problem I believe. Did I solve it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved