FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD L&T Failing after Lion upgrade

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Smith
AVCHD L&T Failing after Lion upgrade
on Jan 10, 2012 at 7:38:09 pm

I'm about at my wit's end here. Just upgraded to a new Mac Pro and am trying to Log & Transfer for the first time. When I L&T from my Canon 7D, I'm able to do it flawlessly. But when I try to L&T from my Sony HDR-XR500, FCP7 freezes when I try to add any clip to the queue. To be clear, I can view all the clips in the L&T window, the problem occurs when I try to add a clip to the queue.

I've cleared all preference files, reinstalled FCP7 twice using both the "Apple approved" method, as well as Digital Rebellion's remover. The problem persists in the exact same form. I've also uninstalled Perian, as I've heard that sometimes causes issues (although I never saw an error indicating that). Most of the time FCP7 just hangs, rather than crashing outright. But when it has crashed, it's giving me a NSMallocException "unable to allocate memory" error. Strange, as I have more than enough memory - here are my system specs:

Processor 2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)
Final Cut Pro 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Warren Baker
Re: AVCHD L&T Failing after Lion upgrade
on Jan 11, 2012 at 5:23:55 pm

Same issue. Crashes or BBOD whenever trying to transfer. Clips show up fine in the logging window. Just can't transfer.

FCP 7.0.3
OS Lion 10.7.1
MXO2 Rack

Not pretty since client is depending on this workflow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved