FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Metering - Peak plots and printouts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Rice
Audio Metering - Peak plots and printouts
on Jan 10, 2012 at 5:45:13 pm

Hello There!

I'm trying to find a software solution that allows me to input an audio file (QT embedded or stems) and to see a visual representation of the peaks to the point. It would also be neat if I could set a limit and the software would flag all the points over that limit, rather than me trying to search them out. Does anything affordable (>$500) like this exist?

We're getting a lot of QC houses flagging things, but rather than giving precise points, they like to round. How they round seems to be up, but sometimes down. Sometimes they just say "Over". How helpful.

Before we send out tapes for QC we'd like to be able to flag things to our clients beforehand, and of course to help them fix it before it comes back on us.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Audio Metering - Peak plots and printouts
on Jan 11, 2012 at 12:47:20 am

Sounds like you need a proper peak limiter when you mix. That way you get the sound you want and not get any over levels.

I think the best value for money peak limiter is Voxengo Elephant which is VST or AU. You could always use it to process your final mix afterwards as well. I am sure there is free software for the Mac that lets you insert an AU or VST plugin to do that. It should be able to render faster than real time.

An example of freeware that does this on a Win machine is Wavosaur. Audacity on Mac might also support VST

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]