FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro footage issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Keller
Final Cut Pro footage issues
on Jan 10, 2012 at 2:51:53 pm

I'm running FCP 7.0.3 and have not had any issues with anything really. Just yesterday I've started having trouble with transferred footage. It's logged and captured and I can edit the footage, but when I quit FCP and restart the program I get nothing but a white screen where the edited footage is. When I check the source file it says its not a movie file. I have no idea what is going on or how it happened.

I can take the project to another computer and disconnect / delete the media and then reimport it and the footage and sequence work perfectly, but if I then take it back to the other computer I get the white screen and "not a movie file" error.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Final Cut Pro footage issues
on Jan 10, 2012 at 5:45:08 pm

What type of footage?
From what source?

Sequence settings?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Amy Keller
Re: Final Cut Pro footage issues
on Jan 10, 2012 at 6:00:52 pm

We shoot with the Panasonic AG-HMC150P on SD cards. We create a disk image on an external hard drive and then open that disk image and log and transfer the footage into FCP.

The footage and capture setting are all 1080i 29.97 Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) and it's through AJA Kona3 card.

The thing is that none of these settings should have changed from last week to this week.... and it's so bizarre that I can capture and edit the footage for as long as I want, just so long as I don't quit FCP.

Oh and sequence is also 1080i 29.97 Apple ProRes 422.

I can't even open these clips outside of FCP. They are labeled as quicktime movies, but quicktime won't play them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]