FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgraded to FCP 7 - weird things happening

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
Upgraded to FCP 7 - weird things happening
on Jan 9, 2012 at 7:03:48 pm

Hi Everybody,

I upgraded to FCP 7 from 6 - and there is some really weird stuff happening ever since:

1.) Compressor is not Quitting once it's opened - only way to quit is forced quit command in Finder

2.) When I want to specify a new Local Location for Compressor Output, it crashes instantly.

3.) When I drag a Crossfade Effect on a clip and double click it to open in the viewer, the computer freezes (beachball) for almost a minute till it opens in the viewer, Also same when I try to resize the fade on the timeline itself.

I tried already to delet the Plist and preferences and had Applejack already running over my MAc.

Any idea what it can be?

Thanx.

Sascha

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
Re: Upgraded to FCP 7 - weird things happening
on Jan 9, 2012 at 7:24:58 pm

Ad on:

It only happens to effects and only to my projects from the Sony EX1 or other HD Projects like from the Af101. I can resize the effect on the timeline, but when I want to double click it to open in the viewer, it freezes for at least half minute and the processor goes crazy and all the fans go on. It's terrible I am in the middle of a rock concert editing and the director goes crazy, each time it happens we have to stop working for a minute. Please help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 9, 2012 at 7:31:54 pm

I have to ask: after installing the new software, did you check for updates, and did you keep running updates over and over until there were no more of them?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jan 9, 2012 at 7:33:56 pm

Yes, I do have the latest Version available of 7 - before Apple left us in the rain ;-)
And my OS is 10.6.8

FCP: 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 9, 2012 at 8:04:32 pm

Another very basic question: did you do a clean install (time-consuming, but far more stable) or run the upgrade to FCP 7 (fast, but not reliable)?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jan 9, 2012 at 8:20:16 pm

I installed from FCP Disk, but over my previous FCP 6 version on my computer.
So should I de-install the 7 and re-install again?

Sascha

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 9, 2012 at 8:08:39 pm

Even more important than what Dave asked is, did you install FCS3 over the top of FCS 2?

If so, then you're most likely hosed until you do a ground-up reinstall. You can try to uninstall using the FCP Remover, and then reinstall, but if that fails you've wasted lots of time.

At this point, your best bet is to install the OS and FCP onto a firewire drive as fast as you can, and get this project moving before the director bites your head off.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jan 20, 2012 at 3:04:22 pm

If I uninstall, and then install FCS from the ground again - are all my plug ins, such as Red Giant Stuff, lost and have to be re-installed as well?
Thanx for shedding light on this.

Sascha

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 9, 2012 at 9:09:16 pm

Sascha, what codec are you operating in with this footage?

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jan 9, 2012 at 10:20:50 pm

It's log&transfered ex1 footage- xdcam codec. But I have the same issue with af101 footage, avchd codec, transferee to ProRes LT.

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jan 9, 2012 at 10:21:16 pm

It's log&transfered ex1 footage- xdcam codec. But I have the same issue with af101 footage, avchd codec, transferee to ProRes LT.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]