FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 recommended resolution?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elissa Bogos
Final Cut Pro 7 recommended resolution?
on Jan 8, 2012 at 5:01:17 pm

Hi all,

Does one have to run FCP 7.0 at the recommended resolution of 1280x800?

My Macbook Pro video display died, and the Apple technician suggested connecting the laptop to an external monitor. He recommended the Samsung 39cm (1336x768) Wide LED Monitor, series 1 SA100, and said this would be the same as my Macbook Pro 15" screen.

However, in the System Preferences - Display, I cannot suggest a screen resolution of 1280x800, likely because the monitor is 1336x768. The display settings open two windows-Color LCD and SMS16A100. In the Color LCD, I can select 1280x800. In the SMS16A100 window, I can select 1024x768, 1280x720 up to 1360x768.

When I try to run FCP 7.0, it says it recommends a resolution of 1280x800. If I cant set that resolution, it warns the program will run strangely. What can I do?

Any advise would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for any
suggestions!
Cheers,
Elissa

Life is worth living.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 recommended resolution?
on Jan 8, 2012 at 9:13:03 pm

I think you need a different computer display. Otherwise, what will happen is that you'll likely see the video distorted a bit in the viewer and canvas. Won't actually distort it, but you'll see it that way. I'd look at a different monitor.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 recommended resolution?
on Jan 9, 2012 at 9:46:53 pm

I think that's a minimum Rez needed to fit all the windows. It appears you're using a 720p HD monitor as your computer display. A little confining but I would think it would be fine. We used to run FCP on 800x600 laptops no problem. The interface hasnt changed much. But video is 16:9 now. But no reason you wouldn't just scale down the images in canvas and viewer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]