FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP: Canon Log & Transfer Plug In - Missing files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Mannion
FCP: Canon Log & Transfer Plug In - Missing files
on Jan 7, 2012 at 12:42:11 pm

Hello folks,

The basic issue I have is that I am logging and transferring footage using the Canon EOS plug in (Version 1.2) for FCP (Version 7.0.3)

I have all of the takes in their original format and have been logging and transferring reel by reel in to Apple Pro Res 422 proxy.

The system does not register 2 takes in the middle of the card.

Has anyone else come across this at all?

Any help will be appreciated!

M

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: FCP: Canon Log & Transfer Plug In - Missing files
on Jan 7, 2012 at 7:27:25 pm

I'm not familiar with that plugin. Is it possible those clips are spanned and, therefore, joined with another clip.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Michael Mannion
on Jan 7, 2012 at 7:40:27 pm

The full name of the plug in is:

EOS Movie E1 FCP plugin version 1.2

The footage was filmed on a Canon 5D Mark II if that helps.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 8, 2012 at 5:05:05 am

That's how you import h264 movs from Canon into FCP. Since you can only put one card in a 5d then I doubt anything is spanned. It does seem odd. But perhaps 2 of the files in question were copied or moved from another directory and therefore invisible to the plugin since they aren't included in the directory data?

Return to posts index

Michael Mannion
on Jan 8, 2012 at 12:25:29 pm

Hi Bret,

I don't think they have been moved in any way that is different to the rest of our footage.

Another detail that may help is that we had to 'construct' the reels ourselves. They weren't a direct hard copy of the card it came off.

We are using the version 1.2 as this basically allows you to log and transfer from a file structure you create. This structure is made identical to the card your footage was on.

REEL 001 > DCIM > 100EOS5D > .MOV's & .THM's

Could it relate to THM files?
We have them all and they are identically logged with the .MOV's

It just seems very odd that these two clips are in the middle of the batch list.

M

Return to posts index

Stephen Underwood
on Jan 8, 2012 at 3:51:30 pm

I had a similar problem transcoding a batch of clips. Turns out most origninal clip extensions were in caps (.MOV) and the ones it skipped were (.mov). Best of luck...

Return to posts index

Michael Mannion
on Jan 12, 2012 at 10:24:33 pm

Hi Stephen,

They're all .MOV's so original H.264's

Does anyone else happen to know? I've now started on a new scene and another clip in the Log and Transfer Window is missing. This one is a bit more urgent :S

M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]