FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make zooming text in and out

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Lahovary
How to make zooming text in and out
on Jan 6, 2012 at 8:15:22 pm

Hello i have 2 questions!

Im very new about the adding text and how to make effects on the text. I wonder how to make a text from smale to make it zoomin and be bigger and bigger you longer time it goes. And likewise from bigger to dissapear in smale.
I saw someone had ask this before but i dident understand the answering. Someone sad that the best thing is to use Title 3D. Not to scale the text
I just have Final Cut Pro 7 not Motion that some use.

Then i wonder how you can make a text to be transparent and se the video through the text like in this videolink:

The end is nice when the text are zooming in and now you can se the whole video appear.
My friend thought that he had done this in after effects. Can i do like this in FCP7? or do i need AE?
He sad one easy way is to make a transparant picture in Photoshop and add it into FCP.

Please help me, i dident found any toturiolvideos about these two questions. If you now please link them.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to make zooming text in and out
on Jan 6, 2012 at 8:38:37 pm

[Gabriel Lahovary] "I just have Final Cut Pro 7 not Motion that some use. "

Did you not purchase Final Cut Suite 3? If you did, you do indeed have Motion, it is a much better tool to use for this task, and you simply have to install it..

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 6, 2012 at 8:57:18 pm

Motion has this effect built-in, but you can do it easily in the FCP timeline as well, using the keyframe motion controls there. To make video appear thru the text, you change the blending mode (under the "modify" menu drop-down) of a white text on black background, on a video layer above your game footage's layer.

To animate a zoom, select and highlight the text layer, set w keyframe, move a bit down the timeline, adjust the "scale" parameter, set another keyframe.

A more inhteractive and intuitive way to work with it is to use the wireframe view in the viewer window so you can use your mouse to grab and manipulate the position, rotation, and scale of the frame at will.

Return to posts index

Gabriel Lahovary
on Jan 7, 2012 at 12:16:36 pm

Mark Suszko

Im so new with both FCP and too zoom in and out text and the transparant thing. I dont understand what you mean. Can you wrote step by step exatactly how i should do? Im sorry for my not understandning. I really want to learn.

under file, send to, motion project is gray and i dont think i have motion :(
Is that something i can download and add now afterwords?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]