FORUMS: list search recent posts

IO Error whilst digitising

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Gant
IO Error whilst digitising
on Jan 6, 2012 at 1:01:37 pm

Hello,

I have had a look at other I/O threads and they seem to be a little different to my problem....

I have digitised a tape into FCP (6.0.1) with no problems, as usual. Now when I have tried to do a second tape, th capture screen starts and then immediately freezes for about 10 seconds, before throwing up a 'File I/O error' message. I have tried this now on different tapes and even didging from a different deck, and it can't get past that first part! This is why I think it is not a problem with timecode and/or the deck, but something freaking out in my Final Cut software....

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

Lee

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: IO Error whilst digitising
on Jan 6, 2012 at 3:00:14 pm

Hi Lee,
Your issue may not be related, but I would advice you to update your FC version.
FC 6.0, 6.1 and 6.3 has been some of the most buggyful releases Apple has ever made.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Lee Gant
on Jan 6, 2012 at 4:29:11 pm

Thanks Rafael, I was hoping to do that at some point anyway.

For now I think I have solved the problem.... I was digitising to an external hard drive which connects from s3200 to firewire 400 into my mac. Whilst it managed the first tape fine, for some reason, as i said, it was struggling with any subsequent tapes. So I changed the scratch disk settings from my external drive back to the mac and hey presto - all going in fine!

Only thing is now when I try and drag the files back onto the hardrive to work with, it cannot read them! SO I will have t finish this project using my Mac's memory. Don't know what is up with the hard drive, but I am just glad it doesn't seem to be FCP's fault...... this time!

Thanks again Rafael

Lee

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jan 6, 2012 at 7:48:27 pm

[Lee Gant] "I was digitising to an external hard drive which connects from s3200 to firewire 400 into my mac" ???

You need a 7200 rpm SATA hard drive that is formatted HFS+ using Firewire 800. Bottom line, your hard drive is not fast enough.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 7, 2012 at 12:38:50 am

[Lee Gant] "Only thing is now when I try and drag the files back onto the hardrive to work with, it cannot read them!"
That sound strange.
Make sure that your HD is, as Steve points, formated for Mac.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]